commercial Forest Roofing
Commercial Slate Tile Roofing
Slate Roofing offers superior durability and can provide a a distinctive curb appeal to your home or business. Slate has been used as a roofing material for centuries for its beauty and a longevity that is unmatched by other roofing materials.
Slate roofing, however, can be quite costly, so it is important to understand the pros and cons of installing slate tile roofing.
Advantages of Slate Tile Roofing
- Slate tile roofs are known for their natural beauty and ability to enhance the look of almost any style of architecture.
- Slate tile roofing comes in many color options including green, gray, black, purple and red that do not fade.
- A slate tile roof will last over 100 years, an ideal solution for someone that plans to never sell their home.
- Because state tile is natural stone, it is more durable than man-made materials, and its high density means that it is waterproof and will not absorb water.
- Slate tile roofs are completely non-combustible and will protect a home from fire
- Slate tile roofing is highly resistant to temperature fluctuations and harsh weather conditions and is not affected by fungus or mold.
- Slate tile roofing is generally maintenance free
- Slate tile roofing greatly increases the resale value of a home and is attractive to potential buyers
Disadvantages of Slate Tile Roofing
- Slate tiles can be fragile and may break if stepped on. You should not walk on a slate roof.
- Slate tile roofing is very heavy and the structure of your building must be able to sustain between 800 and 1500 pounds per square foot.
- Installation of a slate tile roof is complicated and poor installation can lead to leakage and major roof problems. Installation requires special training and experience.
Get the Job Done Right the First Time
We think our top-ratings on every home improvement website says it all. Contact us for an estimate.
What Our Clients Say
We think a 4.9 star rating is something to brag about
But don't just take our word for it. See for yourself!